I am reading a book: _The Intuitive Edge_, by Philip Goldberg. I am not intuitive, although I am a good predictor of people's behaviour at times.
Here is my intuition anecdote of the day:
There is a woman I have met whose child is in a grade higher than my child's: both our children attend the same school. I'll call her Honora. She wanted someone to look at her computer as it was not working correctly. She asked if my husband would come look at it. I said I would ask.
I did ask. Hubby said okay. We went to the woman's house, and she wasn't there. Fine. The next day Old Man L. says "I...I...I gotta go walkies." And I suggest a nearby chain restaurant known for healthful food, that we've been to twice. So we go, and lo! on our third visit, there is Honora with her friend! And I direct Old Man L. to her.
What possessed me to suggest a place we don't frequent?
17 September 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment