03 January 2010

2010: The year of new experiences

1. Deleted inbox decaying matter from two accounts. Sliced Yahoo! account inbox by 60%. Gmail account sliced by 50%.

2. I am not officially overweight, but I could lose 7 - 13 lbs to be closer to what's acceptable for my frame and height. So I'm on some sort of juice fast. I am counting on the decaying fecal matter and toxins to be released. I am okay with losing one pound or two a week. I like wheat and dairy in the wintertime, and the cold and rain don't do much to inspire me to go out for daily exercise. That's how I gain weight.

3. Teared up at the last five minutes of "My Dinner With Andre." Erik Satie's "Gymnopedies #1" is profoundly moving to me, and Andre Gregory's experiences of stillness and newfound consciousness, adlibbed or scripted, set off internal bells. In the past month or so there's been a significant shift in consciousness for me. Maybe it's because I don't watch much television, or have felt isolated and removed, and am suspicious of multi-user shared hallucinations perpetrated through memes, media stories, corporate agendas. I think Mr. Gregory oversold it on the "appreciation of the cold", although I got his point about recognizing what is and accepting it as that. No, if I know it is cold I know that my body is not comfortable, and I am not falling asleep or into a trance if I want to get rid of my goosebumps or stop shivering: I am asking to revert to situation normal. I'm going to try for more contemplation time as part of my spiritual growth.

No comments: